Forums Forums Editing the Romance Novel Introduce yourself Reply To: Introduce yourself

Molly Rookwood
Participant

Hi! I’m Molly Rookwood, and I’ve been freelance editing for about two years. I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and last year I completed Ryerson University’s publishing certificate. I have edited a wide range of material, from nonfiction books and research while I was working for The Editing Company in Toronto to legal fiction, a novella set in a dream, and a choose-your-own-adventure novel as a freelance editor. I love romance novels and am excited to add romance editing to my repertoire. I do a lot of copyediting, but have also had the opportunity to do developmental edits on two books, and hope to do more in the future.

Currently, editing is only a part-time job for me, as it isn’t consistent enough to pay the bills. I also work full-time as a daycare teacher, and I love working with children.

I read a wide range of books, although mostly fiction. I love fantasy (romance or otherwise) and recently read N.K. Jemisin’s The Fifth Season trilogy, which was fantastic. I just reread Tiffany Reisz’s The Night Mark, which I’ll be using as my romance novel for this course, and which I loved. I’m also currently reading Moby Dick, mostly to see what all of the fuss is about.

I’m thrilled to be taking this class, and can’t wait to learn some new skills!