We’re heading into one of those times of years where there are more demands on my time than time to deal with them. But as ever, I have a solution to my time-crunch problem. I just have to dig it out and remember what it is.
- Step back. I ask myself, “What are you doing, why are you doing it, what fills up your day?”
- I figure out what I can drop, which is usually the least rewarding thing, like cleaning my house.
- I ask myself, “What can you hire out/get help with?”
- I try to become more aware of what’s wasting my time. For example, spending the morning surfing the web when I should be finishing a proposal.
- I schedule the time. Whatever is important needs to be put on the calendar.
- I consolidate. For example, my daughter is off school and wants to spend time with me. I have errands that I need to run. I have a friend I haven’t seen in a while. So, my daughter and I will meet a friend for ice cream while we’re out running errands. Mission(s) accomplished.
What are strategies you use to help when you’re time-crunched? Tell me in the comments!