We’re heading into one of those times of years where there are more demands on my time than time to deal with them. But as ever, I have a solution to my time-crunch problem. I just have to dig it out and remember what it is.
- Step back. I ask myself, “What are you doing, why are you doing it, what fills up your day?”
- I figure out what I can drop, which is usually the least rewarding thing, like cleaning my house.
- I ask myself, “What can you hire out/get help with?”
- I try to become more aware of what’s wasting my time. For example, spending the morning surfing the web when I should be finishing a proposal.
- I schedule the time. Whatever is important needs to be put on the calendar.
- I consolidate. For example, my daughter is off school and wants to spend time with me. I have errands that I need to run. I have a friend I haven’t seen in a while. So, my daughter and I will meet a friend for ice cream while we’re out running errands. Mission(s) accomplished.
What are strategies you use to help when you’re time-crunched? Tell me in the comments!
You haven’t written in awhile and I’m concerned. I hope everything is alright. When you disappear for a few days we miss you.
Jonny, thank you for your concern! I am sorry to make you worry (and touched that you are). Things have been a bit topsy-turvy here, but I should be back on a more frequent posting basis soon!
As for me I select the most important matters from the list)
Jennifer, I’ve sent you a letter. Hope, it got through anti-spam filters))
Comments are closed.